Open Tuesday to Saturday from 10am to 5pm. Closed on Sundays and public holidays.
Mondays by appointment.
Visit us at Techno Classica Essen / 3 April - 7 April 2024✨
Do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail: email@example.com or call +32 472 40 13 38
The MG P-Type was a series produced only from 1934 to 1936. It was the slightly more powerful successor to the very basic J-Type and the in the same years produced little sibling of the N-Type. Alongside expanding the range, the P-Type brought mechanical advancement in the form of - among many new innovations - an updated camshaft and a similar crankshaft.
Despite its external similarity to its predecessor, the P-Type brought a lot of innovation with it. It featured a completely new engine, an efficient 847 cc four-cylinder engine powering a new three-bearing crankshaft. The predecessor J-Type had only a two-bearing crankshaft. An extra bearing was added allowing the engine to rev higher and deliver more power, achieving a top speed of 119 kilometres per hour.
In addition to the new crankshaft, MG claimed that the P-Type was adorned with around a hundred novelties and efficient solutions. The press praised it when it was first introduced, which had a favourable impact on the sales of this innovative pioneer. A total of almost 2,500 of the original PA model and the PB variant that appeared a year later were built together.
According to MG, the P-Type offered all the features a race car driver of that period would desire as standard, making it highly coveted. Race drivers, not by chance, picked it up, causing it to make waves on the racing circuit.
The MG PA was the first of the two models in MG's P-Series. It served as the pioneer that initiated a mechanical revolution for the reasons mentioned above. However, the mechanical revolution was not the sole reason for its success as a glimpse of the PA leaves an almost touching impression. It is an eye-catcher, a favourite among the public, even for those who are no car enthusiasts.
The PA was available both as a roadster and a closed coupe, and it was produced until 1935. Approximately two thousand PA’s were built, and a portion of them can still be found in collections, making it highly sought after.
**Please do not hesitate to contact us via email to receive the detailed expertise report**