Lowered price from €28.950-> €24.950
The Morgan Plus 4 (or +4) was produced from 1950 to 1969. It is a more powerful and, in the case of the earlier cars, slightly longer version of the company's previous 4/4 model. It was revived in 1985 and filled the gap between the 4/4 and the Plus 8 until 2000. It was again produced from 2005 until replaced in 2020 by the "all new" Plus Four built on a bonded aluminium platform.
After World War II Morgan re-introduced their 4/4 model fitted with a 1267 cc Standard engine. This continued in production until it was replaced by the larger Plus 4 announced at the 1950 Earl's Court Motor Show. The Plus 4 at its introduction was fitted with a 2088 cc Standard Vanguard engine installed on a widened and strengthened 4/4 chassis with a wheelbase lengthened by 4 in (102 mm). Hydraulic brakes, initially all drum, were fitted for the first time on a Morgan. In 1953 a higher performance version was announced with the 1991 cc engine as used in the Triumph TR 2. The radiator grille was now surrounded by a cowl that blended into the bonnet. Front disc brakes became an option in 1959 and were standardised in 1960. From 1955 the 1991 cc Triumph TR3 engine was used and from 1962 the engine was the Triumph TR4 unit, which increased displacement to 2138 cc. Body styles available were a 2-seat sports, 4 seat sports and more luxurious 2 or 4 seat drophead coupé (and a 4 seat coupé 1954–1956 only). In 1963 a fibreglass bodied coupe Morgan +4 was announced, but only 26 were built. Following success at Le Mans a higher performance version, the Plus 4 Super Sports, was available from 1962 with a tuned engine and a lightweight body. Just over 100 were built.