The Mercedes-Benz 170 V (code W136) was presented at the Berlin Motor Show in February 1936, at the same time as the 260D. It is the only model whose production was restarted after the Second World War. It was replaced by the Mercdes-Benz W120 (pontoon type) in 1953. Note: the "pontoon" type (from the English "pontoon" refers to a body whose headlights, fenders and doors are an integral part of the bodywork. It was equipped with a 1,697-liter engine (1767 cc for the 170 S). it replaced the 170 H (code w15) which had been produced since 1931. The H meant that its engine was at the rear (Heck), and the V that the engine was at the front (vorne). After the war, the 170 V was produced again from 1946 to 1953, in a number of variants: sedan, convertible, truckers, off-road, etc.