The Mercedes-Benz SL is a grand tourer manufactured by Mercedes since 1954. The designation SL derives from the German Sport Leicht, or Sport Lightweight &mdash, and was first applied to the 300SL, often referred to as the 'Gullwing' due to its gullwing or upward-opening doors.
The term SL-Class refers to the marketing variations of the vehicle, including the numerous engine configurations spanning six design generations 1972 to 1989.
- Length : cm (in): 439 (172.8)
- Width : cm (in): 179 (70.5)
- Height : cm (in): 130 (51.2)
- Wheelbase : cm (in) : 246 (96.9)
- Weight: kg (lb) : 1500 (3311)
- Displacement : inline 6 2746 cc, front-mounted
- Valve gear : 12
- Fuel system : Bosch K-Jetronic injection
- Gearbox : 4 speed, manual
- Driven wheels : rear-wheel drive
- Maximum power : 182 bhp at 5800 rpm
- Maximum torque : 245 Nm at 4500 rpm
- Maximum speed : 205 km/h (127 mph)