The Armstrong Siddeley 346 was the first of the Sapphires introduced late in 1952 for sale in 1953 and continuing until 1958. The body was available as a four- or six-light (two or three windows on each side) at the same cost and with either a bench or individual front seats. The seats were finished in leather, with the dashboard and door-cappings in walnut veneer. A heater was standard.
A long-wheelbase model was launched in 1955 as a limousine version which had the pre-selector gearbox as standard, however, there was an optional four-speed manual column-change gearbox available. It featured a longer wheelbase (extended by 21 inches or 535 mm) chassis with a body incorporating a limousine division.
Models for export to the U.S. were always delivered with twin carburettors.
7,697 Sapphire were produced.