• Straight, grey/blue paint. Option to respray.
• Chrome, all good
• Glass, all good
• Tyres, whitewalls, all good
• Fulton visor
• Untidy. Option to restore
• Roof lining good but blemished
• Dashboard is complete, original and operational
• Carpets untidy
• Door cards, generally good but marked
• Drives well, solid and dependable
A Chrysler Corporation brand, the Desoto Deluxe was claimed to be ‘rust proof’. Large and usable post-war American 4-door sedan, on the road and registered in the UK. Original and sound with scruffy interior (hence seat covers!). Drives well with 6 cylinder side valve "Spitfire" motor 237 cu in 3.88 litres delivering 109 bhp. 3 speed manual Gyrol Fluid drive.
Never restored, complete. A ’20 footer’.
Length : cm (in): 566 (222.3)
Width : cm (in): 191 (75.6)
Height : cm (in): 171 (67.3)
Wheelbase : cm (in) : 121 (307)
Displacement : inline six 3867 cc (236 ci), front-mounted
Valve gear : 12
Fuel system : 1 Carter carburettor
Gearbox : 3-speed, manual
Driven wheels : rear-wheel drive
Maximum power : 109 bhp at 3600 rpm