- Buick 8/64 Roadster '31
- Mercedes-Benz 280SL Pagode '69
- Jaguar E-Type 4.2 Series 2 OTS '71
- Citroën Rosalie Coach 8A Manessius '34
- Alfa Romeo GTV 1750 '71
- Ferrari 348 Spider US Cabriolet Red '94
- Chevrolet Confederate Landau Phaeton '32
- Citroën 2CV Club Vert Bambou '76
- Porsche 911 2.2T Coupé '70
- Jaguar MK VII 3.4 '52
- Maserati Quattroport 2.8 V6 Biturbo '96
- Land Rover Series 3 '79
- BMW Z1 Roadster '94
- Willys Jeep MB43 '43
- Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Coupé White '86
- Packard Six Convertible Coupé '37
- Triumph TR3 A Red '60
- Triumph TR4 A IRS Green '65
- Chevrolet Master Model 490 '39
- Corvette C1 Red & White '59
- Citroën HY Ladder Truck '67
- Volkswagen T2b Panel Van '74
- Mercedes-Benz 300SL R107 White '89
- Lancia Beta 2000 Spyder '81
- Porsche 912 Karmann Coupé '69
- Alfa Romeo 1300 GT Junior '72
- AC Two Litre '48
- Mercedes-Benz 350SL 4,5L R107 '72
- Alfa Romeo Giulia Super 2000 Carbon '68
- MG B Roadster Old English White '73
- Corvette C4 Targa Top '84
- MG B Roadster Blue '71
- MG B Roadster Green '73
- MG Midget MK3 '72
- Mercedes-Benz 230SL Pagode + hardtop '64
- Maserati Indy 4900 '75
- Borgward Isabella Coupé / Cabriolet '60
- MG B Roadster pull handle '64
- BMW 3.0Si '77
- Jaguar XJ6 C Series 2 '75
- Jaguar E-Type 4.2 Series 2 Roadster '70
- Morgan + 8 '78
- Mercedes-Benz 190SL '61
- Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 Bertone Red '73
- Mercedes-Benz 190SL '60
- Citroën 2CV AZU 250 '59
- Chris-Craft 22' Deluxe Sportsman '54
- MG B Roadster Pull Handle British Racing Green '64
- Porsche 911 993 Carrera 2 Cabriolet '94
- Volkswagen 1303 S Kever Cabriolet '78
Buick Sedanette Super '48
ch. 9697 Bordeaux
Sedanette Super '48
The Roadmaster name first appeared on Buick automobiles in 1936 as a celebration of their engineering and advancements in design. The Roadmasters were built on Buick's longest wheelbase, and from 1946 to 1957 they were the most elegant and prestigious cars that Buick had to offer to the general public.
From 1936 to 1948 the Roadmaster appeared in coupe, sedan, convertible, and station wagon body styles. A hardtop coupe was added in 1949 and dubbed the Riviera.
There were 46,432 4-door Roadmasters built in 1947. This model cost $2,232 fresh from the showroom floor. Calculated from the official inflation factor tables, that would be $22,271 in today's dollars. One can't buy for that price today a luxury car that is equivalent to the status of the Roadmaster in the forties. The big car weighed in around 4,500 lbs.
In 1947, Buick sold 272,827 cars and was in fourth place after Ford, Chevrolet and Plymouth. Buick's high water mark for sales was 1985, when Buick sold 1,002,906 cars.
The 1947 Roadmaster was based on the pre-War design and powered by the proven 'Fireball Dynaflash' inline eight-cylinder engine, mated to a three-speed manual gearbox. The Roadmaster was available in coupe (the Sedanette), sedan, convertible and station wagon models.
Specifications. Body : length/width/wheelbase (cm) : 489/203/136/296; weight : 1600 kg.
Engine : straight 8 4066 cc, 3-speed, manual, rear-wheel drive; power : 124 bhp@3600 rpm. Top speed : 160 km/h (100 mph)
<<<<<< For more pictures scroll down! >>>>>>
Oldtimerfarm specializes in consignment sales of vintage and collection cars and we are proud to present you this car. Oldtimerfarm is located in Belgium, 9880 Aalter, Steenweg op Deinze 51C, where this car is in our showroom. We are open from Tuesday to Saturday 10-17h (also without appointment). We are closed on Sundays and Mondays. Mondays on appointment only. Make sure you scroll down to look at the extensive photo report (100 pictures). Information and prices are subject to changes and / or printing errors.
Of course, a more detailed description can be obtained by telephone.
Oldtimerfarm from Aalter would also like to sell your classic car or car collection. For more information, please contact Xavier.
Exhibitions where you can find us:
|1-2/9/2018||Open door days|
|25-28/10/2018||Auto Moto Depoca Padova - Italy|
|16-18/11/2018||InterClassics Brussel - Belgium|
|11-13/1/2019||InterClassics Maastricht - The Netherlands|
|16-17/2/2019||Flanders Collection Car Gent - Belgium|
|10-14/4/2019||Techno Classica Essen - Germany|
Pictures of the car: