❗Lowered price from €35.950-> €32.950❗
The Bentley S was a luxury car produced by Bentley Motors Limited from 1955 until 1959. Bentley (and Rolls-Royce)'s first true complete redesign of their standard production car after World War II and their last standard production car with an independent chassis. These cars were given a new V8 engine in late 1959, and those cars are identified as S2. Twin headlamps and a facelift to the front arrived in late 1962, and those cars are known as S3. This shape remained in production with those modifications until late 1965 when it was replaced with the completely new chassisless monocoque T series.
It was announced at the end of April 1955, and it was noted that the existing Continental model would continue. The new standard steel saloon replaced the R type standard steel saloon which had been in production, with modifications, since 1946. It was a more generously sized five- or six-seater saloon with the body manufactured in pressed steel with stressed skin construction. Doors, bonnet and luggage locker lid were of aluminium. Having a totally new external appearance, although with the traditional radiator grille, the main differences from the R type were: three inches longer wheelbase, lower build without reducing headroom and with an enlarged luggage boot, softer suspension with electrically operated control of rear dampers, lighter steering and improved braking, engine capacity increased to 4887cc, the same size as used in the Bentley Continental, four-speed automatic gearbox was standard, with ability to select individual ratios if desired