- Citroën Mehari '83
- Volvo Amazon 121 2-doors '66
- Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow I '73
- Buick 8/64 Roadster '31
- Mercedes-Benz 280SL Pagode '69
- Jaguar E-Type 4.2 Series 2 OTS '71
- Citroën Rosalie Coach 8A Manessius '34
- Alfa Romeo GTV 1750 '71
- Ferrari 348 Spider US Cabriolet Red '94
- Chevrolet Confederate Landau Phaeton '32
- Citroën 2CV Club Vert Bambou '76
- Porsche 911 2.2T Coupé '70
- Jaguar MK VII 3.4 '52
- Maserati Quattroport 2.8 V6 Biturbo '96
- Land Rover Series 3 '79
- BMW Z1 Roadster '94
- Willys Jeep MB43 '43
- Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Coupé White '86
- Packard Six Convertible Coupé '37
- Triumph TR3 A Red '60
- Triumph TR4 A IRS Green '65
- Chevrolet Master Model 490 '39
- Corvette C1 Red & White '59
- Citroën HY Ladder Truck '67
- Volkswagen T2b Panel Van '74
- Mercedes-Benz 300SL R107 White '89
- Lancia Beta 2000 Spyder '81
- Porsche 912 Karmann Coupé '69
- Alfa Romeo 1300 GT Junior '72
- AC Two Litre '48
- Mercedes-Benz 350SL 4,5L R107 '72
- Alfa Romeo Giulia Super 2000 Carbon '68
- MG B Roadster Old English White '73
- Corvette C4 Targa Top '84
- MG B Roadster Blue '71
- MG B Roadster Green '73
- MG Midget MK3 '72
- Mercedes-Benz 230SL Pagode + hardtop '64
- Maserati Indy 4900 '75
- Borgward Isabella Coupé / Cabriolet '60
- MG B Roadster pull handle '64
- BMW 3.0Si '77
- Jaguar XJ6 C Series 2 '75
- Jaguar E-Type 4.2 Series 2 Roadster '70
- Morgan + 8 '78
- Mercedes-Benz 190SL '61
- Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 Bertone Red '73
- Mercedes-Benz 190SL '60
- Citroën 2CV AZU 250 '59
- Chris-Craft 22' Deluxe Sportsman '54
Citroën Traction Avant Cabriolet '34
Traction Avant Cabriolet '34
Lowered price from €63.950 -> €57.500
- Pre-war Citroën Traction
- In the eighties restored to a 2-door cabrio (the car was originally a closed 4-door) and equipped with a 11cv engine with 1900cc (original a 7cv engine with 1303cc).
- Recently re-painted and provided with new upholstery.
- Drives well but details to be improved.
The Traction Avant, French for "forward traction", was designed by André Citroën and Flaminio Bertoni in late 1933 / early 1934. While not the first production FWD car (before Citroën : Alvis, Cord and DKW a.o.), it was the world's first front wheel drive steel monocoque production car. Along with DKWs 1930s models, the Traction successfully pioneered front wheel drive on the European mass car market.
The Traction Avant's structure was an arc-wheeled monocoqued (unitized body). Most other cars of the era were based on a separate frame (chassis) onto which the non-structural body was built. Monocoque construction (also called Unit Body or "Unibody" in the US today) results in a lighter vehicle, and is now used for virtually all car construction, although body-on-frame construction is still suitable for larger vehicles such as trucks.
The suspension was very advanced for the car's era. The front wheels were independently sprung, using a torsion bar and wishbone suspension arrangement, where most contemporaries used live axle and cart-type leaf spring designs. The rear suspension was a simple steel beam axle and a Panhard rod, trailing arms and torsion bars attached to a 3-inch (76 mm) steel tube, which in turn was bolted to the "monocoque".
Since it was considerably lighter than "conventional" designs of the era, it was capable of 100 km/h (62 mph), and consumed gasoline / petrol only at the rate of 10 litres per 100 kilometres.
The development costs of the Traction Avant, combined with the redevelopment of its factory, were very high and Citroën declared bankruptcy in late 1934. The largest creditor was Michelin, who then owned Citroën from 1934 until 1976. Under Michelin, Citroën was run as a research laboratory, a test bed for their radial tyres and new automotive technologies.
In 1954 Citroën's experiments with hydropneumatic technology produced its first result, the "15H"a variant of the 6-cylinder model 15 with a self-levelin, height-adjustable rear suspension, a field trial for the revolutionary DS released the following year.
- Length : cm (in): 445 (175.2)
- Width : cm (in): 162 (63.8)
- Wheelbase : cm (in) : 291 (114.6)
- Weight: kg (lb) : 1025 (2262)
- Displacement : straight-four 1628 cc (99 cu in), front-mounted
- Valve gear : 8
- Fuel system : carburettor
- Gearbox : 3-speed manual
- Drive wheels : front-wheel drive
- Maximum power : 35 hp at 3800 rpm
Maximum torque : Â± 73 Nm
<<<<<< For more pictures scroll down! >>>>>>
Oldtimerfarm specializes in consignment sales of vintage and collection cars and we are proud to present you this car. Oldtimerfarm is located in Belgium, 9880 Aalter, Steenweg op Deinze 51C, where this car is in our showroom. We are open from Tuesday to Saturday 10-17h (also without appointment). We are closed on Sundays and Mondays. Mondays on appointment only. Make sure you scroll down to look at the extensive photo report (100 pictures). Information and prices are subject to changes and / or printing errors.
Of course, a more detailed description can be obtained by telephone.
Oldtimerfarm from Aalter would also like to sell your classic car or car collection. For more information, please contact Xavier.
Exhibitions where you can find us:
|1-2/9/2018||Open door days|
|25-28/10/2018||Auto Moto Depoca Padova - Italy|
|16-18/11/2018||InterClassics Brussel - Belgium|
|11-13/1/2019||InterClassics Maastricht - The Netherlands|
|16-17/2/2019||Flanders Collection Car Gent - Belgium|
|10-14/4/2019||Techno Classica Essen - Germany|
Pictures of the car: