- Citroën Traction 11BL Légère '53
- Rover 10/25 Sportsman's Coupé '31
- Porsche 911-964 Carrera 4 Coupé Black '92
- Jaguar E-Type 4.2 Series 2 Roadster '69
- Citroën SM '72
- Rolls Royce Corniche III Convertible '90
- Alvis TA21 Drop Head Coupé '53
- Porsche 911-997 C2S Convertible 2005
- Studebaker Silver Hawk '57
- Oldsmobile 98 Green '48
- Porsche 911 3.2 WTL Coupé Green '83
- Mercedes-Benz 350SL R107 '72
- BMW R 1200 GS Adventure 2012
- Citroën 2CV AK250 Fourgonnette '71
- Saab Sonett III '70
- Triumph Spitfire 4 MKI '64
- Mercedes-Benz 300SD W116 '80
- Land Rover Defender 90 TD5 2006
- MG Magnette '58
- Citroën AC4 '29
- MG B Roadster Yellow Bronze '72
- Ferrari 208 GTS '81
- Chris-Craft 22' Deluxe Sportsman '54
- BMW 750iL '87
- Chevrolet Silverado Stepside '92
- Volkswagen T2b Panel Van '74
- Porsche 911 2.2 T Targa Burgundy red '71
- Volkswagen Karmann Ghia '69
- Ferrari 456 GT '94
- Fiat 850 Spider '71
- Deutz D15 Tractor '55
- Mercedes-Benz 380SL '82
- MG A 1500 Roadster Red '60
- Renault Monaquatre '35
- Mini Cooper S MK I '65
- MG B Roadster Pull Handle Green '65
- Renault Super 5 Tractor '66
- Ford Mustang Fastback '66
- Mercedes-Benz 450SE W116 '73
- Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Cabriolet '84
- Lancia Flaminia Pininfarina Coupé '60
- Oldsmobile 98 544 Rocket Motor '74
- Mercedes-Benz 280SL '82
- Volkswagen T1 Kombi '74
- Lincoln Continental Lehmann-Peterson Limousine '68
- Chevrolet C10 Custom Delux Long Bed '77
- Packard Eight Woody Wagon '47
- Willys Jeep MB43 '43
- Salmson AL3 Sport '24
- Mercedes-Benz 280SL Pagode Blue '69
Rolls Royce Silver Shadow
This car is new at Oldtimerfarm in Aalter Belgium. We specialize in consignment sales of collection cars. We are proud we can offer this car for sale. A more detailed description will soon follow. In the meantime you can have a look at the very ample photo coverage on the website. Of course Olivier will be very happy to give you all possible explanations by phone on +32473117300.
Following in the manufacturer's tradition of building luxury vehicles, the standard wheelbase Silver Shadow measured 5.17 metres (17 ft) in length, weighed 4,700 pounds, and had a base price of 19,700 US dollars / 6,557 British pounds in the first year of production. The Silver Shadow was produced from 1965 to 1976, and the Silver Shadow II from 1977 to 1980. Initially, the model was planned to be called "Silver Mist", a natural progression from its predecessor Silver Cloud. The name was changed to "Silver Shadow" after realizing that "mist" is the German word for manure, rubbish, or dirt.
The design was a major departure from its predecessor, the Silver Cloud. The John Polwhele Blatchley design was the firm's first single bow model. More than 50% of its predecessor had been sold on the domestic market where, by the standards of much of Europe and most of North America, roads were narrow and crowded. The original Shadow was 3½ inches (9cm) narrower and 7 inches (18 cm) shorter than the car it replaced, but nevertheless managed to offer increased passenger and luggage space thanks to more efficient packaging made possible by unitary ("monocoque") construction. Aside from a more modern appearance and construction, the Silver Shadow introduced many new features such as disc rather than drum brakes, and independent rear suspension, rather than the outdated live axle design of previous cars.
The Shadow featured a 172 hp (128 kW) 6.2 L V8 from 1965 to 1969, and a 189 hp (141 kW) 6.75 L V8 from 1970 to 1980. Both powerplants were coupled to a General Motors-sourced Turbo Hydramatic 400 transmission, except on pre-1970 right-hand-drive models, which used the same 4-speed automatic gearbox as the Silver Cloud (also sourced from GM).
The car's most innovative feature was a high-pressure hydraulic system licensed from Citroën, with dual-circuit braking and hydraulic self-levelling suspension. At first, both the front and rear of the car were controlled by the leveling system; the front levelling was deleted in 1969 as it had been determined that the rear levelling did almost all the work. Rolls-Royce achieved a high degree of ride quality with this arrangement.
Characteristics. Dimensions : length/width/height – cm (in) : 517/182/152 (203.5/70.9/59.8); wheelbase : 304 cm (119.5 in); weight : 2100 kg (4635 lbs). Engine : V8 6750 cc (412 cid); two carbus; 3-speed gearbox, automatic; power : ± 200 bhp @ 4000 rpm. Top speed : 190 km/h (118 mph).
<<<<<< For more pictures scroll down! >>>>>>
Oldtimerfarm is going to renovate!
Due to renovations we are currently publishing less pictures per car on our website.
For more pictures or more information please contact Xavier via phone: 0472/401338
or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oldtimerfarm specializes in consignment sales of vintage and collection cars and we are proud to present you this car. Oldtimerfarm is located in Belgium, 9880 Aalter, Steenweg op Deinze 51C, where this car is in our showroom. We are open from Tuesday to Saturday 10-17h (also without appointment). We are closed on Sundays and Mondays. Mondays on appointment only. Make sure you scroll down to look at the extensive photo report (100 pictures). Of course, a more detailed description can be obtained by telephone.
Oldtimerfarm from Aalter would also like to sell your classic car or car collection. For more information, please contact Xavier.
Exhibitions where you can find us:
|01-03/09/2017||Open doors event Oldtimerfarm|
|26-29/10/2017||Auto Moto Depoca Padova - Italy|
|17-19/11/2017||InterClassics Brussel - Belgium|
|16-17/12/2017||Dreamcar International Kortrijk - Belgium|
Pictures of the car: