- Land Rover Defender 90TD5 2000
- Minerva 4x4 ex-ABL '52
- BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster '97
- Peerless Six Model 61 '29
- Mercedes-Benz 190D 2.5 '88
- Buick Skylark 350 2-door Hardtop Coupé '70
- MG B Roadster Yellow '67
- MG B GT V8 Costello '71
- Chrysler Windsor C300 '55
- Simca 8 '49
- Citroën DS21 Cabriolet d'Usine '66
- Alfa Romeo Montreal Red '74
- Lancia Flaminia Pininfarina Coupé '60
- Lincoln Continental Lehmann-Peterson Limousine '68
- Austin Healey 3000 MK2 '63
- Rolls Royce Silver Cloud III Flying Spur '65
- Jaguar E-Type 4.2 Series 2 Roadster '69
- Mercedes-Benz 190SL '60
- Mercedes-Benz Ponton 220SE Cabriolet '60
- Mercedes-Benz 380SL '82
- Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3 16V '84
- Jaguar XK120 Open Two Seater '52
- Morgan + 8 '78
- Mercedes-Benz L319 Fire Truck '63
- Pierce-Arrow 12-40 AV12 '34
- Porsche 911 2.2T Targa Grey '70
- Corvette C2 Sting Ray '65
- Triumph Spitfire MK IV '74
- Fiat 850 Familiare Pulmino '73
- Maxwell Tourer '15
- Alfa Romeo Nuova Giulia 1600 Super '77
- Studebaker Silver Hawk '57
- Triumph Toledo Race '74
- Chrysler Six Deluxe by Tüscher Junior '37
- Buick Super Eight Cabrio '51
- Porsche 911 2.4 T Targa Ölklappe White '72
- Triumph TR250 + Surrey Top '67
- Nash Healey Coupé '54
- MG B Roadster Blue '71
- MG B Roadster Black '74
- Oldsmobile Super 88 Green & White '55
- Morgan 4/4 2.0 '91
- Chrysler CM '31
- Morgan +4 4 Seater '96
- Mercedes-Benz 190 W110 '64
- AC Two Litre '48
- Buick 8/64 Roadster '31
- Armstrong Siddeley Sapphire '56
- Mercedes-Benz G350 GTD 4X4 '92
- Alfa Romeo 1900C Super Sprint '57
Rolls Royce Silver Shadow
This car is new at Oldtimerfarm in Aalter Belgium. We specialize in consignment sales of collection cars. We are proud we can offer this car for sale. A more detailed description will soon follow. In the meantime you can have a look at the very ample photo coverage on the website. Of course Olivier will be very happy to give you all possible explanations by phone on +32473117300.
Following in the manufacturer's tradition of building luxury vehicles, the standard wheelbase Silver Shadow measured 5.17 metres (17 ft) in length, weighed 4,700 pounds, and had a base price of 19,700 US dollars / 6,557 British pounds in the first year of production. The Silver Shadow was produced from 1965 to 1976, and the Silver Shadow II from 1977 to 1980. Initially, the model was planned to be called "Silver Mist", a natural progression from its predecessor Silver Cloud. The name was changed to "Silver Shadow" after realizing that "mist" is the German word for manure, rubbish, or dirt.
The design was a major departure from its predecessor, the Silver Cloud. The John Polwhele Blatchley design was the firm's first single bow model. More than 50% of its predecessor had been sold on the domestic market where, by the standards of much of Europe and most of North America, roads were narrow and crowded. The original Shadow was 3½ inches (9cm) narrower and 7 inches (18 cm) shorter than the car it replaced, but nevertheless managed to offer increased passenger and luggage space thanks to more efficient packaging made possible by unitary ("monocoque") construction. Aside from a more modern appearance and construction, the Silver Shadow introduced many new features such as disc rather than drum brakes, and independent rear suspension, rather than the outdated live axle design of previous cars.
The Shadow featured a 172 hp (128 kW) 6.2 L V8 from 1965 to 1969, and a 189 hp (141 kW) 6.75 L V8 from 1970 to 1980. Both powerplants were coupled to a General Motors-sourced Turbo Hydramatic 400 transmission, except on pre-1970 right-hand-drive models, which used the same 4-speed automatic gearbox as the Silver Cloud (also sourced from GM).
The car's most innovative feature was a high-pressure hydraulic system licensed from Citroën, with dual-circuit braking and hydraulic self-levelling suspension. At first, both the front and rear of the car were controlled by the leveling system; the front levelling was deleted in 1969 as it had been determined that the rear levelling did almost all the work. Rolls-Royce achieved a high degree of ride quality with this arrangement.
Characteristics. Dimensions : length/width/height – cm (in) : 517/182/152 (203.5/70.9/59.8); wheelbase : 304 cm (119.5 in); weight : 2100 kg (4635 lbs). Engine : V8 6750 cc (412 cid); two carbus; 3-speed gearbox, automatic; power : ± 200 bhp @ 4000 rpm. Top speed : 190 km/h (118 mph).
<<<<<< For more pictures scroll down! >>>>>>
Oldtimerfarm specializes in consignment sales of vintage and collection cars and we are proud to present you this car. Oldtimerfarm is located in Belgium, 9880 Aalter, Steenweg op Deinze 51C, where this car is in our showroom. We are open from Tuesday to Saturday 10-17h (also without appointment). We are closed on Sundays and Mondays. Mondays on appointment only. Make sure you scroll down to look at the extensive photo report (100 pictures). Of course, a more detailed description can be obtained by telephone.
Oldtimerfarm from Aalter would also like to sell your classic car or car collection. For more information, please contact Xavier.
Exhibitions where you can find us:
|11-14/01/2018||InterClassics Maastricht - Holland|
|17-18/02/2018||Flanders Collection Car Gent - Belgium|
|02-04/03/2018||Antwerpen Classic Salon - Belgique|
|21-25/03/2018||Techno Classica Essen - Allemagne|
Pictures of the car: