- Lincoln Continental Mark IV '73
- Singer 4AD Cabriolet '53
- Fiat 124 Spider 2.0 White '79
- Fiat 500L White '70
- Alfa Romeo Montreal Orange-red '72
- Studebaker Champion '48
- Studebaker Erskin Six '27
- Jaguar XJS Coupé 5.3 V12 HE White '85
- Vespa PX125E '83
- Ford Mustang Convertible V8 '73
- Harley Davidson Servi-Car '46
- MG A 1600 Roadster Red '60
- MG B Roadster '66
- Chevrolet Silverado Stepside '92
- Citroën Traction Avant Cabriolet (réplique) '34
- Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari 2010
- Citroën 2CV 6 Special '87
- Porsche 356 BT5 Super 90 '61
- Mini 1000 Cooper '69
- Mercedes-Benz 220SE Ponton Cabriolet '60
- Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Coupé '86
- Austin Healey 100/4 BN1 '53
- Jaguar E-Type OTS 4.2 1st series '66
- Mini Monte Carlo '94
- DKW F93 '57
- Oldsmobile Super 88 Green & White '55
- Range Rover Convertible Sand '85
- Willys Jeep MB43 '43
- Fiat 850 Spider '71
- Ferrari 348 Spider US Cabriolet Red '94
- Porsche 911 3.2 WTL Cabriolet '85
- Chevrolet Camaro SS Look '69
- Mercedes-Benz 220A Cabriolet '53
- Alvis TA21 Drop Head Coupé '53
- Cadillac 61 Series Touring Sedan '49
- Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Grand Prix White '86
- Citroën SM '72
- Ford Mustang Hardtop Coupé 289ci V8 '66
- Lincoln Continental Mark VI '80
- Porsche 911 3.2 G50 '87
- Ferrari 365 GT4 2+2 Blue '75
- Nash Metropolitan '54
- Jaguar XJ6 3.4 Series 2 '77
- BMW R 1200 GS Adventure 2012
- Sima Violet 500 '24
- Corvette C2 Stingray '66
- Jaguar D-Type Replica by RAM '69
- Peugeot 203 '52
- Triumph GT6 MKII '68
- Porsche 928 S4 White '91
The Renault Frégate is a full-size or executive car produced by the French automaker Renault between 1951 and 1960.
The Frégate was conceived in the years immediately following World War II. Renault, which then had recently been brought under control of the French state, needed a new modern, upmarket model both to improve its image and to cater to the needs of middle class consumers in the hoped for economic recovery. Several prototypes were produced before the Frégate design was put into production.
Initially, the car was to have had a rear-engined layout as in the recently launched 4CV, but Renault abandoned the rear engined "Project 108" and in 1949 decided to go with an engine mounted ahead of the driver. This decision was taken only late in the day and the switch to a front engined configuration was therefore rushed.
The Frégate was unveiled at the 1950 Paris Motor Show, but the first model was not delivered until November 1951. The assembly plant at Flins where the car was assembled, which had been renamed after Pierre Lefaucheux, was formally opened in October 1952.
Production built up only slowly. Even in 1953 it was reported that the Frégate, with approximately 25,000 units sold on the French market, was comfortably outpaced by the standard wheelbase versions of Citroën's '11 Normale' model, with approximately 35,000 sold that year, despite the Citroen being little changed since its unveiling fifteen years earlier and, since the war, available from the manufacturer's French factory only in black.
Renault addressed the complaints about the lack of power from the 2 litre engine by introducing in 1956 the new 2141 cc Etendard engine, which produced 77 hp (57 kW). A popular estate model badged Domaine was also launched in 1956, along with the new, luxurious Grand Pavois trim package.
In 1957 a three-speed 'Transfluide' semi-automatic transmission, incorporating a fluid coupling, became an option along with a slightly more powerful version of the 2141 cc engine producing 80 bhp (60 kW; 81 PS) thanks to a compression ratio increased from 7.0:1 to 7,5:1.
The 1958 models saw another modified front grille. The prominent wide chrome oval and horizontal bars were removed to leave only the row of thin bars over which, since 1955, they had been placed
Length : cm (in): 470 (185)
Width : cm (in): 172 (67.7)
Height : cm (in): 153 (60.2)
Wheelbase : cm (in) : 280 (110.2)
Weight: kg (lb) : 1310 (2891)
Displacement : straight-four 2141 cc (131 ci), front-mounted
Valve gear : 8
Fuel system : 1 Solex carburettor
Gearbox : 4 speed, manual
Driven wheels : rear-wheel drive
Maximum power : 77 bhp at 4100 rpm
Maximum torque : 152 Nm at 2200 rpm
Top speed : 135 km/h (84 mph)
<<<<<< For more pictures scroll down! >>>>>>
Oldtimerfarm is going to renovate!
Due to renovations we are currently publishing less pictures per car on our website.
For more pictures or more information please contact Xavier via phone: 0472/401338
or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oldtimerfarm specializes in consignment sales of vintage and collection cars and we are proud to present you this car. Oldtimerfarm is located in Belgium, 9880 Aalter, Steenweg op Deinze 51C, where this car is in our showroom. We are open from Tuesday to Saturday 10-17h (also without appointment). We are closed on Sundays and Mondays. Mondays on appointment only. Make sure you scroll down to look at the extensive photo report (100 pictures). Of course, a more detailed description can be obtained by telephone.
Oldtimerfarm from Aalter would also like to sell your classic car or car collection. For more information, please contact Xavier.
Exhibitions where you can find us:
|26-29/10/2017||Auto Moto Depoca Padova - Italy|
|17-19/11/2017||InterClassics Brussel - Belgium|
|16-17/12/2017||Dreamcar International Kortrijk - Belgium|
|11-14/01/2018||InterClassics Maastricht - Holland|
Pictures of the car: